• Find A Program

HR Salary in Oregon

Oregon’s economy grew significantly between 2009 and 2014 according to Forbes. In fact, the state enjoyed the third highest level of growth in the US during this time period. Forbes’s projected analysis of job growth further reveals that employment gains will be high over the next five years. Strong job growth in general places a premium on the HR professionals that recruit, screen and train a growing workforce, making it an optimal time to find an HR position that pays a good salary.

The US Department of Labor reported that there were 7,460 high-powered HR professionals employed in Oregon as of May 2014. Fully 74% of them were HR specialists while the remaining 26% were HR managers. This is in addition to thousands more HR assistants and generalists.

SPONSORED

Featured Programs:

Capella University offers100% online DBA, PhD, MS, and BS degrees in Human Resources Management

Benedictine University offers an Online Bachelor of Arts in Management in Human Resources Management

University of Scranton's offers an Online Master of Science in Human Resources Program

Saint Joseph's University offers an MS in Strategic Human Resource Management Program

Beaverton’s own Nike Corporation brings in three times the revenue of the next largest company in the state, and is one of the top employers of skilled professional staff in Western Oregon. Other top local employers that are contributing to rebuilding Oregon’s skilled workforce include: The Clymb, Hydro Flask, Act-On Software, Zapproved and Vacasa.

Both large established companies such as Nike and new start-ups that are rapidly growing require the services of headhunters, training and development specialists, benefits managers and other HR professionals to attract and manage top talent.

Earnings for Oregon’s HR Managers and Specialists

HR managers were the most highly paid of these professionals, with an average salary of $94,990 a year statewide as of May 2014. Those in the top 10% of earners for this occupational classification commanded an average salary of $146,460.

The 5,520 HR specialists who were employed in Oregon in May 2014 earned an average of $58,550 with those in the 90th percentile averaging $90,100 a year. This type of position is considered especially desirable, and US News and World Report rated it as the 11th best type of business position in 2015.

Oregon was home to 1,370 HR assistants in May 2014 with average salaries of $39,650. Those in the top 10% of earners for this job classification earned an average of $53,690.

Human Resources Manager Salaries Throughout Oregon

Not surprisingly, human resources managers employed in the Portland area earned the highest average salaries for this occupational classification statewide (Based on a May 2014 on a US Department of Labor Analysis):

Area name
Employment
Annual mean wage
Bend OR
60
101780
Eugene-Springfield OR
120
86600
Medford OR
70
75020
Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro OR-WA
Estimate not released
102030
Salem OR
150
82070
Southern Oregon and Linn County nonmetropolitan area
60
79790
North Central Oregon nonmetropolitan area
40
84930
Eastern Oregon nonmetropolitan area
30
71580

Salaries for Human Resources Specialists in Oregon

According to the US Department of Labor, human resource specialists who were employed in the Portland area had significantly higher salaries than HR specialists in the rest of the state in May 2014:

Area name
Employment
Annual mean wage
Bend OR
200
53120
Corvallis OR
140
54930
Eugene-Springfield OR
360
49930
Medford OR
200
46910
Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro OR-WA
4010
61580
Salem OR
520
55520
Coastal Oregon nonmetropolitan area
100
49700
Southern Oregon and Linn County nonmetropolitan area
210
50840
North Central Oregon nonmetropolitan area
100
52720
Eastern Oregon nonmetropolitan area
120
51070

Oregon Human Resources Assistant Salaries

Human resources assistants in Oregon had the highest salaries when they were employed in Bend according to a US Department of Labor salary analysis for May 2014:

Area name
Employment
Annual mean wage
Bend OR
40
41320
Eugene-Springfield OR
110
32970
Medford OR
80
37880
Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro OR-WA
910
41270
Salem OR
150
39170
Coastal Oregon nonmetropolitan area
30
36810
Southern Oregon and Linn County nonmetropolitan area
80
35100
North Central Oregon nonmetropolitan area
60
36260
Eastern Oregon nonmetropolitan area
50
41010

Back to Top