Jobseekers looking for human resources positions may find great paying employment opportunities in South Carolina. The United States Department of Labor projects that human resources managers will be among the top fifty occupations in South Carolina based on expected job openings between 2012 and 2022. This ranking was solely focused on occupations that usually require a bachelor’s degree education at minimum.
According to the US Department of Labor, job growth projections for South Carolina’s human resources professionals between 2012 and 2022 are strong:
- The number of human resources managers will likely grow by 14%, which is actually higher than the national average growth rate of 13% for this job classification
- The number of human resources specialists is expected to rise by 10%, which is 2% faster than the national average growth rate of 8% for this job classification
Recently Published HR Pay Range Averages in South Carolina
According to the United States Department of Labor, human resources salaries are largely contingent on an individual worker’s level of field experience. Those that hold several years of HR experience working in internships, volunteer positions, and paid jobs are often perceived as valuable experts in the eyes of South Carolina’s top employers.
As a result, HR field veterans are the highest paid workers in the business. Meanwhile, inexperienced human resources workers are often assigned to entry-level positions. In 2014, the federal government published average pay ranges for human resources jobs found in South Carolina:
Human Resources Managers
- Entry Level: $53,600/yr. or $25.78/hr.
- Mid-Career: $87,900/yr. or $42.24/hr.
- Experienced: $149,300/yr. or $71.80/hr.
Human Resources Specialists
- Entry Level: $29,300/yr. or $14.09/hr.
- Mid-Career: $48,600/yr. or $23.38/hr.
- Experienced: $83,400/yr. or $40.10/hr.
Human Resources Assistants
- Entry Level: $24,400/yr. or $11.71/hr.
- Mid-Career: $34,900/yr. or $16.77/hr.
- Experienced: $47,800/yr. or $22.99/hr.
Human Resources Manager Salaries in South Carolina
Salary data collected by the United States Department of Labor show that human resources managers in South Carolina earned an average annual salary of $95,450 and an average hourly wage of $45.89 in 2014.
However, human resources managers that were employed in the Anderson and Florence areas received an average annual salary of over $100,000:
Human Resources Specialist Salaries in South Carolina
Salary statistics released by the United States Department of Labor reveal that human resources specialists in South Carolina were paid an average annual salary of $53,160 and an average hourly wage of $25.56 in 2014.
Yet, salary averages vary by geographic location of employment within the state. For example, human resources managers working in Sumter earned an average annual salary of more than $60,000:
Human Resources Assistant Salaries in South Carolina
Salary surveys administered by the United States Department of Labor conclude that human resources assistants in South Carolina netted an average annual salary of $35,470 and an average hourly wage of $17.05 in 2014.
In that year, employers in the Anderson area awarded human resources assistants a higher average annual salary closer to $38,000: