Dedicated human resources workers are finding high-paying positions in Utah. According to a recently published article by the Deseret News, human resources managers were among the state’s “50 Highest Paying Jobs” in 2014. Also, in that same year, the United States Department of Labor found that the nonmetropolitan area of West Central Utah was among the top five highest paying nonmetropolitan areas for human resources specialists in the country.
Right now, human resources professionals are also benefitting from higher-than-average employment growth trends. In 2014, the United States Department of Labor announced the following occupational projections for HR workers in Utah between 2012 through 2022:
- The number of human resources managers will rise by 28%, which is 13% higher than the national average
- The number of human resources specialists will increase by 23%, while the national average is merely 8%
- The number of human resources assistants will expand by 7%, which is 8% faster than the national average
Salary Ranges for Human Resources Workers in Utah
When the United States Department of Labor conducted salary surveys among human resources professionals throughout Utah in 2014, the federal agency found that the highest paid workers in any HR occupation were those with the most experience.
In fact, human resources employees with several years of work experience often received two to three times more than those just entering the field:
Human resources managers
- Entry Level: $63,000/yr. or $30.28/hr.
- Mid-Career: $90,300/yr. or $43.39/hr.
- Experienced: $147,200/yr. or $70.75/hr.
Human resources specialists
- Entry Level: $31,800/yr. or $15.28/hr.
- Mid-Career: $52,300/yr. or $25.15/hr.
- Experienced: $91,300/yr. or $43.89/hr.
Human resources assistants
- Entry Level: $23,800/yr. or 11.43/hr.
- Mid-Career: $35,500/yr. or 17.05/hr.
- Experienced: $50,200/yr. or $24.15/hr.
Human Resources Manager Salaries in Utah
Research studies conducted by the United States Department of Labor conclude that human resources managers working in Utah earned an average annual salary of $97,350 and an average hourly wage of $46.80 in 2014.
However, human resources managers employed in Salt Lake City were awarded an even higher average annual salary of $99,460:
Human Resources Specialist Salaries in Utah
Occupational wage reports developed by the United States Department of Labor show that human resources specialists in Utah received an average annual salary of $58,220 and an average hourly wage of $27.99 in 2014.
Meanwhile, human resources specialists employed in the West Central nonmetropolitan area were paid a considerably more impressive average annual salary of $68,980:
Human Resources Assistant Salaries in Utah
Salary statistics released by the United States Department of Labor indicate that human resources assistants practicing in Utah took home an average annual salary of $36,600 and an average hourly wage of $17.59 in 2014.
Yet, human resources assistants with jobs in the Ogden-Clearfield region benefitted from a larger average annual salary of $40.910: