Human resources in one of the fastest growing occupational fields in Louisiana, and HR professionals that take advantage of this expanding job market are likely to encounter strong salary offers. The Louisiana Workforce Commission recently publicized the state’s increasing need for skilled human resources professionals by naming HR managers, HR specialists, and HR assistants among its most in-demand occupations through 2022.
In 2014, the United States Department of Labor also published employment growth projections indicating that human resources occupations in Louisiana will experience higher-than-average employment growth rates through 2022. For example:
- The number of human resources managers will climb by 18%, which is 5% faster than the national average for this profession
- The number of human resources specialists will increase by 10%, which is 2% faster than the national average for this profession
- The number of human resources assistants will increase by 14%, which is 5% faster than the national average for this profession
Human Resources Salaries in Louisiana by Experience Level
Human resources professionals prove their professional expertise through certification, graduate degrees, and work histories. To strengthen the overall competency of the employees they staff, local employers offer higher salaries to HR professionals with several years of experience, compared to those just entering the field.
The United States Department of Labor reported the following pay ranges for major human resources occupational classifications found in Louisiana. These ranges reflect the significant relationship between work experience and salary expectations:
Human Resources Managers
- Entry Level: $45,100/yr. or $21.67/hr.
- Mid-Career: $74,200/yr. or $35.67/hr.
- Experienced: $122,200/yr. or $58.77/hr.
Human Resources Specialists
- Entry Level: $29,900/yr. or $14.38/hr.
- Mid-Career: $48,800/yr. or $23.48/hr.
- Experienced: $77,600/yr. or $37.33/hr.
Human Resources Assistants
- Entry Level: $25,300/yr. or $12.15/hr.
- Mid-Career: $37,100/yr. or $17.86/hr.
- Experienced: $48,900/yr. or $23.53/hr.
Human Resources Manager Salaries in Louisiana
Salary data compiled by the United States Department of Labor reveal that human resources managers in Louisiana were paid an average annual salary of $80,300 and an average hourly wage of $38.61 in 2014.
However, HR managers that worked in the New Orleans-Metairie-Kenner area earned a vastly greater average annual salary of over $88,600:
Human Resources Specialist Salaries in Louisiana
Salary statistics published by the United States Department of Labor show that human resources specialists in Louisiana took home an average annual salary of $52,010 and an average hourly wage of $25.00 in 2014.
Meanwhile, human resources specialists employed in the nonmetropolitan area of Natchitoches enjoyed a much higher average annual salary of nearly $60,000:
Human Resources Assistant Salaries in Louisiana
Salary survey results published by the United States Department of Labor conclude that human resources assistants in Louisiana were compensated with an average annual salary of $37,170 and an average hourly wage of $17.87 in 2014.
However, human resources assistants working in the Shreveport-Bossier City and Lake Charles areas benefitted from average annual salaries upwards of $40,000: